Members include network operators, investors, community scheme providers, local authorities, suppliers and vendors from throughout the high-speed fibre landscape. So, as a legal specialist for the telecoms sector – and having long followed the work of this collective – we knew Trenches Law would fit right in.
“This is a high growth, fast-paced sector, in which collaboration is key,” explains Terry Daniell, Operations Director and co-founder. “And that collaboration has never been more crucial than now.
“INCA provides a fantastic opportunity to network throughout the entire digital infrastructure supply chain, engage with policy makers, hear as-they-happen developments from the regulators, and develop business-critical partnerships with like-minded members.
“We’re particularly keen to be involved in INCA’s events and have been impressed with how quickly the organisation shifted to hosting virtual sessions to keep members talking, and learning.”
INCA CEO Malcolm Corbett welcomed Trenches Law into membership saying, “Trenches Law brings tremendous expertise into the INCA community. We appreciate their support and look forward to working with the team on some of the knotty issues involving wayleaves.”
Trenches Law’s newly promoted Head of Wayleave Georgina Rudak attended last week’s ‘Barrier Busting – Wayleaves’ online session.
Commenting on her five key takeaways from the webinar, she said: “The event was packed full of important information. For anyone who didn’t tune in, I’d say the must-know points related to:
- The Telecommunications Infrastructure (Leasehold Property) Bill reaching the House of Lords’ committee stage, this week.
- The importance of balancing the rights of landowners with public interest, given the benefits associated with accessing future-proofed services.
- The imperative need for collaboration between landowners and operators.
- The scope to increase landowners’ understanding of wayleaves and the reasons why access to electronic communications equipment is key.
- The need for clarity around costs, to ensure fairness.”
The next INCA event that Terry, Georgina and Trenches Law’s Managing Director and co-founder, Sharon McDermott, will attend, is the ‘Riding the second wave’ webinar on 3 June.
We look forward to attending the upcoming sessions and meeting fellow members, in person, as soon as it’s safe to do so.